Today contains 1,440 minutes. Approximately seven billion hearts are beating all over the world. Some are having fun and some aren't. I believe the difference between the two groups comes down to one thing — choices. Yes, no matter what your circumstances are today, you get to choose how you will spend your 1,440 minutes. I chose to live the dream today. Not tomorrow. Not next month or next year. Today. Here are some choices I'm making to make sure I live the dream today:
- I'm posting this positive message on my personal blog. My only cost is the time it takes to type the message and post it. That's about thirty minutes. I still have 1,410 minutes of my day left. The measure of my happiness does not come from what I get but what I give.
- I'm looking out the window during my commute. Every day there is something different to look at. Right now the leaves are changing color. I have thirty minutes to soak it all in before I arrive at my day job.
- While I'm working I'm going to discover something new. It may be a new way to handle my tasks. It may be an opportunity to develop a creative idea. I may learn something from a fellow employee. I expect something good to happen while I'm working today during my 480 minutes on the job.
- My ride home will give me an opportunity to view an awesome sunset. The dusk is never the same. I will think about my family waiting to greet me when I get home while I'm driving home.
- Dinner time is sharing time. My family will share what lessons they learned. They will discuss the highs and lows of their day. This is a precious moment. Yes, it's a fun time. We usually finish our day with a comedy on TV and then we get to bed early for eight hours of sleeping and dreaming.