How often do you hear your inner voice? What does it say? Do you like what you hear? I like to describe the inner voice using these words:
Inkling, urge, impulse, strong desire, longing, compulsion.
Your inner voice is an invitation. It's a key to a door. Your intuition tells you there's something behind that door that will help you understand who you are. There's something about you that goes beyond the label you wear. That label may be your political persuasion. It may be your own religious denomination. Your label could be the type of job you have. Your inner voice tells you there is more than that. You may need to peel away all the layers of the onion to get to that inner voice. Here's why you should R.S.V.P. when you get the invitation:
- Your inner voice guides you to the person you really are. There's a reason you're not satisfied with your current situation. You became deaf. You abandoned your dreams. You told your passions they have no value or you don't have time for them. You lost the most important part of yourself — your essence. Your inner voice will help you find it.
- Your inner voice knows you better than you know yourself. If you listen, you will discover who you really are.
- You will never be truly happy until you make time to listen to your inner voice at regular intervals and respond. Ten minutes of quiet time daily will give you the opportunity to discover how wise your inner voice is.
- Some day that inner voice will stop talking. That's the day you die. If you want to discover who you really are, you need to listen while your inner voice is still talking. You need to take action while you still have time to make a difference.
- Your self-awareness increases the more you listen to your inner voice. This increases self-confidence. The more aware you are about how you fit into the world, the better you get at making wise choices.