One of my cousins celebrated her 50th birthday by jumping out of an airplane. Her instructor asked her, "What was the best part of your experience?"
"The free fall," she replied.
"And the scariest part?"
"The free fall."
My cousin discovered something most of us don't know — the magic happens when we take a step (or a dive) outside the comfort zone. Here are seven signs your comfort zone is hurting you:
- You can't remember the last time you felt the adrenalin rushing through your body.
- You can't remember the last time you attempted to learn a new skill.
- Your heart has never been broken.
- You are afraid of what others will think if they see you fail.
- When you try something new and you fall down, you decide the "something new" isn't for you.
- Risk is not part of your vocabulary.
- Fear is your best friend and he doesn't want you to make new friends.
It's not too late. The place where the magic happens will always be there. All you have to do is unlock the door and go outside. Visit the playground where magic happens and dreams come true. That's where I live. Some day my Maker will ask me, "what was the best part about your life on earth?"
I will answer, "the playground."
And when He asks, "what was the scariest part?" I will answer, "the playground."
Are you ready to visit the place where the magic happens? Let me know. Please share your ideas in the comments section below. I hope to meet you on the playground.