Tuesday, September 17, 2013

12 Things Successful People Do Differently


I found the gem you see above today's story while doing some research.  It pretty much summarizes how I live my life.  There are three points that really resonate with me at this time in my life:  #8, #10 and #12.  Here's what I'm doing to improve in these three areas:
  • Make small, continuous improvements.  Big changes are the result of doing the little things better.  Every day I ask myself, is this the best way to complete this task?  I challenge myself to find a better way.  The time I save helps me focus on the other areas of my life that need more attention.
  • Maintain a positive outlook while learning from mistakes.  It's really easy to get down when you're working on a new project and it's not going well.  The mistakes help you discover what doesn't work.  This is useful information if you stay positive and believe you will eventually succeed as long you don't give up.
  • Maintain balance in your life.  My children are following in my footsteps.  They are committed to success.  They know the price tag and they're willing to pay it.  Like me, they're learning that life is not all about work.  Our oldest is working two jobs while going to college full-time.  Our second-oldest is holding down three jobs while attending university, also full-time.  I did the same thing.  The challenge is to know when to slow down.  For me, that means setting up a date night.  There is nothing better for me than watching our children doing the things they love, like busting through the offensive line late in the game to sack the quarterback for a ten-yard loss.
Okay, I shared the three areas of my life I'm working on.  Now it's your turn.  Please share one of the twelve points you believe needs more attention.  I would like to know how you feel improving this area of your life will benefit you.  Please respond in the comments section like this:

I'm working on #1, creating and pursuing S.M.A.R.T. goals because this will help me lose ten pounds by 12/31/13.  I will benefit from this because I will gain confidence and I will feel better about myself. 

Follow the arrow and click on the comment button to add to the conversation.  Thanks for sharing.


No comments: