Monday, January 9, 2012

From the Sandbox



It was 9:10 AM on Sunday morning when my wife walked into our bedroom and stared at me with a puzzled look.  I had been writing nonstop for just over four hours and completely lost track of time.  It was New Year's morning and we were supposed to go to our church service in twenty minutes.  I was so engrossed in my writing that I forgot what day it was.  Once I snapped out of my trance and got up, I managed to be in the car four minutes later.  Thankfully, my wife offered me a banana for breakfast as we headed to church.

My daily writing commitment is for a minimum of one hour per session but sometimes it can go for up to six hours.  Part of my time is set aside to pen a love letter to my wife, a ritual that's been going on for over seven years.  Combined, our tally is now over 5,000 love messages.

For me, writing is just like playing in a sandbox.  My wife checks on me to make sure I remember to eat and drink.  When a creative surge hits me, I want to grab onto it and find words to describe the thoughts that fall like raindrops from the sky.  The more I write, the more frequent these creative bursts strike me.

Thanks for visiting my sandbox today.  My sand castle is taking shape and will be fully constructed in time for the March 17, 2013 release date.  For those of you who would like me to share my sandbox experiences in person, be sure to check out Caveman Reflections.  This new blog is designed for followers who want to connect in a small group setting.  It's a chance to get a sneak preview of this writer before The Caveman in the Mirror is published.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments: