Sunday, January 15, 2012

Answers to a Teenage Prayer

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. ~ Proverbs 3:5

Funny how much better your vision is when you look behind you.  Reflecting back on my teenage prayer for God to give me wisdom, I clearly see how He answered it.  I was so blind I could not see His presence in my life and each day I prayed more fervently for enough wisdom to figure out how to handle life's challenges.  I thought God was saying no, however, He was saying, "Okay, my son, here you go.  Deal with the problem I'm sending you today and you will receive everything you're asking for."

Wisdom can't be acquired without experiencing challenges.  Each prayer request for wisdom led to ever increasing challenges in all areas of my life.

I've heard other people say, "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it."

I'm thankful for the wisdom God blessed me with.  Sometimes it came disguised as a caring friend who offered good advice at just the right moment.  Other times, it was a collision with a set of circumstances I thought would cripple me.  Each time it was exactly what I prayed for....wisdom.

This precious gift I asked for more than thirty years ago really isn't for my personal benefit.  No, it's meant for you.  I'm here to offer you something you cannot see or touch.  Wisdom tells me your life will never be the same if you accept the gift.  It's the one thing separating the believer from the non-believer.  Should you choose to open the gift, I suggest you hold on to it all the days of your life.

Are you ready?  Your gift is standing in front of you right now.  His name is Jesus.  Believe in Him and invite Him to live in your heart.  That's it.  You've just received the gift of faith.  If you truly believe Jesus is real, everything you ask for will be given to you, including wisdom.  Congratulations.  You are now part of God's family.

No comments: