Sunday, June 27, 2021

Teammates Claim Victory in State Championships

My teammates did it.  They won big in the state championships in the Men's 18+ 4.0 Division yesterday.  These are the same players who narrowly lost in the 40+ age group two weeks ago.  All I need now is for a couple these men to hit their 55th birthday so we can get more competitive in the 55+ division.  I was on the bench for this match and I won't be able to participate in the regional playoffs in St. Louis as we have a family vacation that has been on the books for over a year.  These men pulled off an amazing victory against a team that is always in the finals year after year.  It almost alway comes down to a couple of points.  

I want to give a special shout out to Jim, our captain, who is a master at getting all of our to best versions of ourselves that we can be.  We practice year round in all kinds of weather conditions.  Congratulations, men, on a superb victory.  Have a great day. 

No comments: