Friday, June 25, 2021

Congratulations, Erin

 You will learn more about Erin when "The Adventures of Castaway Wilson" is released later this year.  She's my friend I'm dedicating my labor of love to.  Erin invited to a live stream of a play her company produced in New York City that was presented on Zoom last night.  She could have come up with a zillion excuses for not moving forward, like her stage IV cancer diagnosis.  She could have said her schedule was overbooked because of all those long days in chemo treatments.  We all know how the world stopped during COVID.  Not Erin's world.  She and her band of actors only know one way – forward.

I caught a glimpse of Erin's awesomeness last night when she went off script during a technical glitch that is to be expected when you're doing a live performance over the internet.  She came up with a heart-gripping monologue that stunned even her own actors who had to second-guess where they were for a moment.  I would like to congratulate Erin and her team for doing what seems impossible to the rest of us, living in a pandemic.  Not just living, but raising the bar and shooting for the stars.  If there is one person in this world who can change it, it's Erin.  Thank you for inviting me to see you in action even it has to be from afar right now.  I'm proud of you!  Have a great day.

No comments: