Wednesday, June 30, 2021

How are Your Telomeres Doing?

 If you've never heard of a telomere, it happens to be found on the end caps of your DNA.  They behave just like your end caps on your shoe laces protecting them from fraying.  Lose your telomeres and your aging process accelerates.  Fortunately, there are things you can do to keep your telomeres around so your precious DNA molecules can function properly.  Do this well and you may even be able to slow down your aging process.

Exercise may be your best solution for keeping your telomeres long and healthy.  Research proves that a sedentary lifestyle dramatically shortens your telomeres while regular exercise helps preserve DNA.

Stress management is another great way to keep those telomeres around.  The more I meditate, the more I realize how easy it is to manage stress.  Negative situations still exist but the way I perceive them is different when I give myself quiet time at the beginning of each day.

Healthy eating not only helps you protect your telomeres, it also helps you feel good about yourself.  The easiest way to do this is to load up on all foods plant based.  Sure, I enjoy a great steak every now and then but I keep the portions small while adding more greens to my plate.

I'm wishing you and all your telomeres an amazing day today.  Share this story with a friend and stay healthy.  Have a great day.

No comments: