Tuesday, June 22, 2021

An Interesting Heart Experience This Morning

 I have no doubt in my mind that there are some difficult emotions and memories stored deep inside my body.  Burying them was a natural defense mechanism I used to survive trying times.  Digging them up has consequences.  I also believe leaving them buried has even greater consequences.  Perhaps that's why I'm so interested in daily meditations.  Meditation leads to becoming familiar with yourself and all the baggage you carry around inside.

Something strange happened this morning.  I wasn't in my regular guided meditation yet but it was overdue so my body and mind were in a different place.  I felt like I was going through the normal steps of meditating but I was actually in a half-dream state.  I recall adjusting my eye mask to make sure no outside light was interrupting the meditation.  I felt the gel in the mask with my hands.  It was as real as being in an awake state but I wasn't wearing a mask.  Suddenly, my heart rate accelerated.  Yes, I was dreaming but I was meditating within the dream.  All I can say is that I felt some kind of an explosion in my heart.  I wasn't afraid.  It was like a dam exploding and all the water that was held back wasn't water but love.  I felt the love flowing out of my heart.  Once again, I reached out to my eyes to adjust the mask and realized there was no mask.  I was somewhere between reality and emptiness.  My heart was feeling better than ever.  Then, I woke up.  I immediately told my wife about the experience.  This is the first time I've felt anything like this since.  I don't know what it all means.  For now, I will simply say, "It's interesting."  The best way I can describe this feeling I had this morning is like the feeling you get when you tell someone who deeply hurt you, "I forgive you."  Not "fake forgiveness" which you may attempt to do to make yourself look good, but REAL forgiveness, where your heart explodes with love and somehow you're now a better version of yourself than you were the day before when you were carrying a sack load of grudges that were slowly killing you.  Blow up the dam.  Set yourself free.  There is no need to adjust your eye mask.  You're no longer wearing one.  Have a great day.

No comments: