Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Building Bridges

 Today is a good day to begin building bridges.  We all have the family member, friend, neighbor, or relative who loves to tear into us for our beliefs.  The fights seem to intensify every time there is a national election.  The more connected we become on social media, the more disconnected some of us become.  I've been dark on my own FaceBook page for nearly a hundred days in order to maximize my priorities while also staying away from those who have voices so loud about their own points of view that they make me sick to my stomach.

What is the solution to all the fighting?  In my opinion, becoming a good listener is helpful.  I like to ask others why they think the way they do.  Seeking understanding goes a long way.  Looking in the mirror is worthwhile so you can spot your own flaws before interacting with others.

Jesus made it very easy for us to learn how to get along better.  There are two main points – love God and love others.  Do these two things well and you may be able to stay out of the line of fire. It's difficult to fight your enemy when you have love for them in your heart.  This is a great way to begin building bridges.  Don't leave anyone out, especially your enemies.  Have a great day.

No comments: