Friday, March 15, 2024

Wheels Up

The book launch party scheduled for St. Patrick's Day has been canceled. "Live Long and Prosper" is currently in its final stages of production. We faced a setback when the Spock hand gesture, intended for the front cover, did not receive trademark approval. However, our art team at Elite Sports successfully executed a last-minute face transplant, providing an excellent substitute.

Unfortunately, the timing of these developments coincides with a somber event. My family on my mother's side is gathering to bid farewell to my uncle Victor, who passed away after battling pneumonia. His funeral will be held tomorrow in Springerville, Arizona, nestled in the White Mountains.

I am grateful to my employers for allowing me to attend my uncle's funeral. Following the service, we plan to celebrate St. Patrick's Day together, as our family has Irish heritage. My wife kindly lent me her emerald green Star Trek sweatshirt, originally intended for the now-canceled launch party. Surprisingly, Springerville's weather is colder than my hometown in Iowa.

After a morning round of pickleball, it's time to depart. Stay tuned for updates. I'll release "Live Long and Prosper" upon my return home next week. Wishing you all a great day.

No comments: