Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Wheels Up

 


Beam me up, Scotty.  It's time to go home.  My best friend, Wayne, asked me to stay an extra so we could spend time together in his community.  We started our day with an extended bike ride.  The biking trails go for miles.  Next item on the agenda was a gym workout.  Wayne's background in chemical engineering inspired a workout pattern he designed to protect him in his senior years.  Let's just say if you remember Elaine from Sienfeld who danced like no other, well, Wayne exercises like Elaine dances.  This is not a judgment.  In fact, I believe Wayne is on to something.

We ended our day on the tennis courts.  Wayne and Bonnie quickly progressed through the stages of learning the game.  This brought me great joy to see them discovering an unknown passion that will give them entertainment in this stage of their life.

I will be in the air by the time this story is released.  Thank you to friends and family who sent condolences.  Family means so much to me.  May all of you live long and prosper.  Have a great day.

No comments: