Saturday, March 9, 2024

In Pursuit of the Tennis Trifecta

 There is a reason why my team captain, Jim, consistently places multiple tennis teams in first or second place in the state year after year.  The keyword is practice.  We have a shot at first place in our league in three age groups in the 4.0 division:  18+, 40+, and 55+.  I'm super thankful to be a part of all of this.  This morning I will join my captain and several others for one hour of cardio tennis followed by two hours of intense doubles.  

I've been joking with my teammates about finally learning how to hit a strong backhand after doing it poorly for nearly 49 years on the tennis courts.  Well, it's true.  My opponents targeted my backhand side repeatedly until recently when my team captain offered a couple of pointers that changed everything.  Should we advance to regional play later in the year in any or all of the age groups captained by Jim, I will be ready to play.  Until that time, it's practice, practice, practice.  Have a great day.

No comments: