Tuesday, March 19, 2024

La Casita Cafe Restaurant Review - Globe, Arizona





 Would you like authentic Mexican food served in the town where my mom and her family grew up?  Why not visit Globe?  I met Lupita when I walked in with my mother and brother on our way back to Phoenix after the funeral service for her brother, Victor, in Springerville.  

La Casita Cafe won the best business award in 2023 for the Globe/Miami area.  It's easy to understand why.  Four generations of the same family have been serving "the finest Mexican food" since 1947.  My mother went to high school with Lupita's grandmother.  

I started my meal with a salad loaded with green and red cabbage, onions, and black olives, topped off with shredded cheese.  Amazing!

My brother and I ordered the ribeye served with a side of beans, rice and a tortilla.  Since the tortilla is not part of my caveman food program, I only took one bite, enough to conjure up childhood memories where beans and tortillas were served daily in casa de Mulligan.  I give these folks five stars for their top notch service and their delicious offerings.

Despite a full house, Lupita willingly posed for a photo in front of the cafe.  My mom pointed out that her dad had a photography studio just a couple of buildings behind where Lupita posed.  It was delightful to see the streets my mom once roamed.  

A passerby introduced himself.  He recalled my mom's maiden name, Rubalcaba, even though the family relocated to Tempe ages ago.  My Grandpa was the president of the Lion's club. He served the communities of Globe and Miami, commuting between two studios offering yearbook portraits for students.  At night, he serviced the trains to keep them running during the coal mining days.  Mom toured us around the area after our meal.  I give La Casita Cafe five stars for their friendly service and their award-winning meals.  Stop by and treat yourself to authentic Mexican food the next time you visit Globe, located on highway 60, east of Phoenix.  Tell them, Miguel, the Iowa caveman sent you.  Have a great day.

No comments: