Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Stories are Percolating

I may not be a coffee drinker but I understand the process of percolating since my wife never skips a day without her morning brew.  Unless my headphones are on and I'm somewhere distant like Alpha Centauri meditating, I hear the slow trickle of water in her Cuisinart transforming her coffee grinds into a magical drink she will savor as the morning sun ascends.  I have my own percolating process going on inside my brain.  The grinds are Heaven sent.  There is no alarm like my wife's coffee maker as the Holy Spirit wakes me before dawn to plant seeds to be shared with others.

I've been experimenting with so many food ideas that I feel like Thomas Edison when he was trying to figure out the light bulb.  Imagine every day you wake up and try a new process and nothing happens.  No light.  Only failure.  I wonder how his wife felt about his negative outcomes.  1,000 failures?  Yikes!  I don't have to worry about my wife.  Why?  Coffee.  Give her coffee and she becomes oblivious to my flirtations with the right food combinations for success.

People are asking what's happening to my skin.  Yesterday at our favorite consignment shop the cashier looked at me as if I was lying when I told her I was eligible for the senior discount for those 55 and over.  I forked over my driver's license and her confusion signaled perhaps my ID was a forgery.  It helps that all my belly fat is gone and the double chin no longer exists, all signs I'm finding the right food combinations to help me live long and prosper.  I'm beginning to feel like the Energizer Bunny.  This is all food related.  If you're waiting for my secrets, be patient.  I'm also done.  Have a great day.

No comments: