Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Science, Fiction, or Science Fiction?

 Have you ever been at a point in your life when you think you know something until you dig deeper and discover just how much you don't know?  For example, how much do you know about your own body?  What are the best foods to eat?  When is the best time to eat?  How do you prevent illness?  There are so many smart people out there who dedicate their entire lives in a particular specialty and still don't know everything.

Here's another question for you to help me understand how you solve mysteries.  When you put puzzles together, do you have a pattern of steps?  Do you work on the borders first?  Do you search for specific colors and match them up?  Do you gaze at the picture on the puzzle box and find small clues about how the puzzle pieces are linked?

If you understand how puzzle pieces fit, you may have a clue how my brain works when it comes to my writing projects.  One area where I'm struggling has to do with my findings so far.  My food research seems to drift along an unfamiliar path.  There are those who may argue that my head is up in the clouds similar to the ones that showed up the other day during a freak storm.  These mammatus clouds form as they are dropping rather than rising.  Some may argue my work belongs in the fiction category.  Others may see a hint of validity.  Maybe the whole thing is simply science fiction.  All I know is I'm going to ask my readers to please read the whole book before passing any kind of judgment.  I'm going to keep digging and I'm not going to stop experimenting even when "Live Long and Prosper" is released.  You can decide for yourself if my story is science, fiction, or science fiction.  Beam me up, Scotty.  Have a great day.

No comments: