Saturday, May 6, 2023

New Chapter – Final Chapter

 First the new chapter.  Paige and Lance are celebrating their wedding today right here in our home town.  We will be attending their ceremony and then enjoying cocktails, dinner, and dancing later in the evening.  Paige was the first person at my day job to volunteer for my earliest food experiments.  She gets an honorable mention in my book for helping me understand what works and what doesn't when it comes to food choices.  

Now for the final chapter.  This one stings.  I learned that one of my favorite managers of all times, Dana Drennen, passed away.  Dana is the one who pulled me aside and informed me my general manager was diagnosed with multiple tumors.  We were in his new location in Springfield, Missouri where he relocated to be closer to family.  I was asked to help support the new hires and being with Dana was a real treat.  Dana always found a way to motivate others to be their best.  Sadly, he was within one year of retirement but did not get to leave this world the way he planned.  He will be missed by so many.  May his soul rest in peace.  Have a great day.

No comments: