Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Fork in the Road

If you were to place your hand on the table with the palm down and your fingers together, you can imagine it as a road all of us our traveling on in America.  When the fingers are together we are all going in the same direction.  Most of us are pretty much consuming the same thing, the standard American diet (SAD).  While the palm of your hand is still facing down, move the thumb away from the other four fingers.  This represents some sort of off-ramp where people like me are experimenting with food to see if health can be improved.  This is a fork in the road.  It's the road less traveled.  

My hope is that by exiting from the mainstream and trying new ways of eating including the timing of meals, I may find ways to increase my health span as well as my lifespan.  More importantly, I want to share what I'm learning in my stories to inspire those other four fingers on the SAD highway to find their own offramp and change their food habits.  If 50% of the country could do this it would be as if another fork in the road appeared and the four fingers separated between the second and third fingers.  The image on your hand would be the "live long and prosper" gesture from Mr. Spock in Star Trek.  That's my wish for you, to help you live long and prosper.  

What about your fork in the road?  Are you interested in trying some new food ideas?  Stay tuned.  It's a long road.  Have a great day.

No comments: