Sunday, February 26, 2023

Men's 18+ Tennis Team Off to Fast Start in 4.0 Division

 I finally got to contribute to my men's tennis team this season.  We are grateful to have a committed coach, Jim Sichterman, who is tasked with helping us maximize our tennis potential.  Due to staffing shortages at my day job, I'm often away from my teams.  The Men's 55+ team is on their way to post season play.  Unfortunately, I didn't meet the minimum guidelines of two regular season matches and will not be able to participate.

This year's team is loaded with talent.  One teammate is from Australia.  Another is from Indonesia.  We have fun but we also work hard.  It's also a great place to test my food theories.  At, 62yrs old, it's vital that I find every edge possible to remain competitive.  So far, so good.  Congrats to my teammates on a big 3-2 win against a competitive team from the quad cities.  Special thanks to our captain who logs numerous hours filming us and sharing video with the team for needed feedback.  Also, I would like to thank one of my teammates at my day job for trading shifts with me so I that I could be back on the courts.  Have a great day.

No comments: