Monday, February 13, 2023

Did Jesus Get Invited to the Super Bowl?

 I sat out of the Super Bowl.  Maybe my pastor's words during his sermon struck a nerve when he talked about the moral decline in the world.  Particularly, he zeroed in on the half time shows.  I was pleasantly surprised when there was positive coverage about Jesus getting an invitation.

Imagine growing up in a household where Jesus isn't allowed.  Or attending a school where God is barred from entry.  How long can we thrive as a country when God is asked to stay on the sidelines?

Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs.  I'm happy for one of my first cousins who lives in Kansas City.  I'm also happy Jesus was invited.  Jesus may not pick favorites on the field but he sure loves being invited to live in our hearts. I'm hopeful yesterday's invitation will build momentum.  Have a great day.

No comments: