Friday, February 3, 2023

Sunrise at -20º Windchill


This backyard photo was shot from my home/office window this morning just before sunrise.  A cold front from the north moved in last night causing the temps to drop quickly.  The winds are howling and our vehicles are groaning during startup.  The good news is that this weather is short-lived.  

Extreme weather like this has a way of exposing our true identity.  For example, if you happen to be grumpy, this climate will certainly reveal your grumpiness for all the world to see.  If you're an optimist, this weather will serve as your opportunity to see the good like this amazing sunrise brought about by the clouds that rolled in.  There is much to be thankful for.  My wife offered to let me park my Ford Escape in the one car garage for a couple of days to give it a rest break from last week when it barely started due to the super low temperatures.  God bless her.  Her SUV may have been grumpy parked outside overnight but she was in good spirits.  

There is one more thing I'm enjoying with during this Winter season.  It's all the lessons.  I'm learning our family can adapt to change.  I may not be able to control everything Mother Nature sends us but I can certainly learn how to cope.  My attitude is about the only thing I can control.  By the way, having a happy wife is all I need to get through cold days like today.  Her Irish eyes are smiling because we are surrounded by family.  How about you?  What do others see when you are facing challenges?  Have a great day.

No comments: