Saturday, May 7, 2022

Could You Rearrange the Seasons of Your Life?

 Most of us live our lives according to four seasons, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.  People come and go during each season.  We learn, we grow, we decline, and we die.  What if your seasons could be rearranged? What if you could defy Mother Nature?  This is not science fiction although this idea does need a bit of imagination.  I shared the idea with my wife after waking up from a strange dream where the seasons of my life got rearranged.  She pointed out that her favorite season, Autumn, was missing from my vision.  

Assuming you make it to age one hundred, each season of your life would be about twenty-five years.  For me, my Spring included my childhood in Arizona up to the point where I met my future wife and got married at age 29.  That's when I entered the Summer stage.  We moved to Southern California and raised our family.  Summer ended twenty-two years later when we moved to Iowa.  Sorry, honey, but there was no Autumn.  Only Winter.  We're still in the midst of Winter which has now lasted ten years.  Looks somewhat normal so far with the exception of no Autumn, right?  This is where the real fun begins because in my dream I saw a second Spring.  Yep, a second Spring.  Why?  Because I'm hopeful that all my research into longevity pays off and I get my mulligan, a second chance to experience Spring in my advanced years.

There is a happy ending to this fairy tale story I'm sharing today.  It may be especially helpful for those who are in Winter.  By the way, Winter doesn't have to be a bad season.  I know this first-hand from living in the frozen tundra of Iowa.  Winter may be cold but you can still have a warm heart when you're surrounded by loved ones.  My last point here is that the one I follow actually got a mulligan when he rose from the dead after an exceptional Winter period that ended at age 33 when he was crucified.  He came back from the dead.  That's not science fiction.  That's the truth.  His second Spring lasts forever.  Everyone gets this opportunity, even those who do not believe.  The choice is eternity in Spring or Winter.  You get to decide.  The catch?  Let Jesus be in charge of your seasons if you would like Spring.  Have a great day.

No comments: