Friday, February 11, 2022

How Do You Rate Your Self-Discipline?

Don't worry.  I'm not asking you to reveal your own private answer to today's question.  It's for your eyes only.  The reason why I'm asking this question is to help you get better at reaching your goals.  I know from my own personal experience that goals are virtually impossible to accomplish without first developing self-discipline.  A good starting point is to recognize where you are right now.

Here are some questions to consider related to your self-discipline:

  1. How many goals do you set for yourself every year?
  2. How many goals from the first question to you achieve?
  3. Considering the goals you missed in the last year, what was the reason for giving up?
  4. What would your life be like if you achieved 90% or more success in completing your goals?
  5. Do you believe your own self-discipline can be improved?
  6. If you could change one thing about your life right now, what is it?
  7. Would you say your self-discipline is getting better, worse, or staying the same over the last five years?
  8. What sacrifices are willing to make to improve your self-discipline score?
  9. Do you have any friends, co-workers, or family members willing to help you stay on target with your goals?
  10. What is your willingness to start over when your self-discipline get out of control?
One important lesson I learned about self-discipline is that it seems to work better when I'm only working on one thing at a time, like forming a new habit.  I would rather be successful with one goal a year than try ten new goals at once and fail at all ten.  I won't try adding a goal until the current goal becomes engrained in my daily life.  Have a great day.

No comments: