Monday, February 28, 2022

Jesus Warned Me About This

I should have known better.  The signs were everywhere.  How could I be so blind?  Maybe it's because I'm human and all of us are fallen.  Our fallen nature leads to everlasting challenges.  As I look in the rear view mirror I see all the times in my life when Jesus was there.  His track record is absolutely perfect.  Look at his promises.  I challenge you to find one time when he said he was going to do something and he didn't.  In spite of his impeccable record of healing the blind, casting out demons, and raising others including himself from the dead, I hesitated to trust him with my finances.  I tried to do it my way.  This put enormous stress on me, my wife, and my family.  There was a better way.  I didn't pay attention until I reached the end of my rope.

Jesus warned me what would happen if I tried to act on my own.  Why did I wait until I was on the edge of bankruptcy to turn my finances over to the one who makes all things new?  God knows why.  He allowed me to flail until I came to my senses and let him be fully in charge of every area of my life including the finances.  Turning liabilities into assets doesn't rank up there with rising from the dead but it sure changed my thinking about letting go.  Letting go is not failure.  Letting go is trusting that God knows what's best.  I may be a slow learner but I'm 100% on board with Jesus.  I'm about to be a free man.  Thank you Jesus.  You get all the credit.  You get all the glory.  You really do make all things new.  I promise to listen to you and heed every one of your warnings.  My prayer for you is that you hear his voice and follow Jesus.  Have a great day.

No comments: