Sunday, February 20, 2022

Christmas in February?

 Our pastor cautioned his congregation not to end the Christmas season too soon.  We listened.  I don't think he meant for us to take this message to the extreme but it is for good reason.  This year we celebrated Christmas without our daughter and promised her we wouldn't take the Christmas tree down until she was able to visit us in Iowa.  That time is now.  We are together.  This is a huge blessing for us as Christmas is our daughter's favorite time of the year and we didn't want her to miss out on a family celebration.

Our church may be back in ordinary time right now.  Not us.  Family time is always extraordinary.  This will be on my mind and in my heart while I'm proclaiming God's word during our church service this morning.  If feels good to be returning to my assignment to share God's messages during our worship.  This was stopped during the pandemic to help keep the community safe.  Slowly, we are returning to normal and the lay people are returning to their duties.  Whatever you may be celebrating today, I wish you joy and happiness.  For my family, I say, "Merry Christmas."  Have a great day.

No comments: