Thursday, February 10, 2022

5 Weeks to Go

He let the lame man walk.  He allowed the blind man to see.  And five weeks from today he is allowing me to be unchained from financial slavery.  This happened on the road less traveled.  Why did it take so long?  Because at first I tried to do it on my own.  Jesus said, "Okay my son, if you want to be in charge of the money, go ahead.  I will observe from afar."

I learned a valuable lesson.  It was costly.  In fact, everything that I turned over to God, that is everything except my finances, seemed to bring me peace.  I knew God was in charge and this removed my fears.  The reason I held onto the money part of my life has to do with some challenges I faced earlier in my life prior to getting married.  I bought into the world view of spending money you don't have.  I became a slave to debt.  Something happened.  I got buried so deep in debt that the only way out was to surrender everything to Jesus.  I was at the end of my rope.  Literally.  That's when my journey to financial recovery began about ten years ago.

What is it like to give your life 100% to Jesus?  It's like flying a plane on automatic pilot.  There is no pressure because you are not the one in charge.  Why would anyone want to miss out on what Jesus can do when you let him be in charge?  Following him is the best choice I have ever made.  I may not be a lame man walking or a blind man seeing, but I am a changed man.  I'm about to be a free man.  God is good.  Have a great day.

No comments: