Friday, February 18, 2022

Try This in Times of Uncertainty

Are you finding it challenging to find good news these days?  If you watch the news long enough, you may feel like the end is near.  Maybe it is.  One of the best decisions I made a while ago was to cut my cable.  My cable company tells me they miss me.  I'm happier without them and I really don't miss those high bills they sent me every month.  I don't need them to tell me how bad things are in this world filled with uncertainty.  I have another solution and it happens to be free.

Before I share my solution for dealing with uncertainty, I would like to share other ideas I tried that didn't work.  The first is to try to force certainty by controlling every aspect of my life.  This does not work.  It also increases anxiety.  Fighting others with opposing views is also a bad idea.  Sadly, I lost some friends by sharing too much about things in this world that really don't matter except to people who love to fight.  There is only one solution I know of that helps in times of uncertainty.  Give prayer a try.  Give up fighting for control.  Let go.  Stop trying to change others.  All you need to do is pray.  Will the uncertainty go away?  No.  What will change is your own attitude.  That's all that matters.  Start with the little things, like praying for patience.  When you see improvement in your sense of well being, try praying for bigger things.  The more confident you become in your prayer life, the better you will feel about uncertainty.  You may even begin to welcome it in your life.  Have a great day.

No comments: