Saturday, February 5, 2022

Celebrating Anniversary of Horrific Car Accident – 02/05/2018

 On this day, 2/5/18, four years ago, I almost met my maker face-to-face.  Our daughter was first in line when the oncoming van appeared ready to strike her on the passenger side of our vintage Honda.  The vehicle was made before side air bags were invented and that made our situation dire.  You can visit my blog archives for details of the accident.  All I can say about it today is I'm thankful our daughter was saved from any pain and suffering sans a minor cut on her lip from the shards of glass as I was able to yank hard right on the steering wheel and change the point of impact.  I can still see clearly every moment of the impact.  I can see the horror of the driver's face as he t-boned me on my driver's side, crushing my ribs and injuring my spleen.  The recovery process was six weeks.  During that time I kept blogging, giving God the glory every day for intervening at a critical time in my life.

My wife and daughter walked into my hospital room the morning after the accident once the roads were safe.  They expected to see the worst case scenario.  God had other plans for me.  He heard my incessant prayers for healing throughout the sleepless night.  By the time my family visited, my hemoglobin levels were increasing and the doctors stated my spleen was already mending.  The look on my wife's face was priceless when she heard my doctor tell me he was planning on releasing me later in the day.  It's that look the Chosen Ones must have had on their faces when their backs were against the wall and Moses parted the Red Sea.  The doctor told me all I had to do to go home was walk around my floor twice.  Then my physical therapist asked how far I thought I could go.  "Five miles," I responded.  All I can say here is when Jesus is in your heart, seven broken bones, an injured spleen, and excruciating pain don't matter.  He is all powerful.  I went home within twenty-four hours of the horrific car accident that nearly ended my time here.  Jesus makes all things new, including my ride which was retired on this day four years ago.  Have a great day.

No comments: