Friday, February 25, 2022

Call 411

 Are you having contentment issues during these trying times?  One of my favorite Gospel writers, Paul, had issues of his own, often writing letters of encouragement while in prison.  I wear a wristband given to me by one of my teammates that reminds me I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  That verse (Philippians 4:12) is from a prison cell letter to Paul's buddies he met while sharing the Good News prior to his incarceration.  The verse prior to my wristband message is the focus of today's blog because I believe all of us could use some inspiring words about our own contentment during a constant bombardment of bad news in our country and in the world.  Here it is.  Call 411.  It's more powerful than 911 because it has to do with what's going on spiritually.  It's worth memorizing this verse and reciting it every time you need a boost:

"I am not saying this because I am in need for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."  Philippians 4:11.

There are many more morsels just like these sprinkled throughout the Bible.  These are the words I relied upon during all my trials.  Never let your circumstances dictate your contentment.  Have a great day.

No comments: