Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A Match Made in Heaven

 Today is the tale of two sisters.  There is a third sister but I don't have permission to share about her here so I'm sticking with the two sisters.  They happen to be related to me.  No.  They're not my sisters.  I have three of them and I love them with all my heart.  The two sisters I'm writing about today have much in common besides sisterhood.  One of them, my aunt Marcie, chatted with me last night about an important milestone coming up in her life.  She will be celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary later in the year.  By the way, she reads this blog every morning while sipping on hot coffee.  The other sister is my mother.  These two sisters have been important role models in my life.  

While chatting with my aunt last night, I uncovered something really special that these two sisters have in common. It reminds me of Tom Cruise's line from Jerry Maguire.  Remember when Tom said, "You complete me"?  Well, these two sisters complete me in something of a spiritual nature and neither one knew the common thread.  I wish I could see the look on the faces of these two special women in my life when they read this and discover what I'm calling "a match made in Heaven."  God works in mysterious ways.  Here goes...

You've heard me mention the Bible in a Year Podcast I started at the beginning of the year narrated by a youth pastor.  My mother got excited when I told her I was going to Duluth for a day job assignment and told me about how this pastor shares stories on YouTube that she watches from her home.  It turns out that my aunt has also been doing a Bible in a year study set up by a Bible scholar named Jeff Cavins.  Jeff is the one who mentored Fr. Mike Schmitz, the pastor my mom follows online.  Jeff and Fr. Mike are the ones who collaborated to make the Bible in a Year podcast that is rocking the world.  There is a synergy with these two men of God that comes around once in a lifetime.  When these two special sisters read today's blog, they will discover how similar their spiritual journeys are.  My mother will learn about how Jeff Cavins helped her sister and my aunt will discover how Fr. Mike helped my mother grow in her faith.  I hope everyone who reads this story finds inspiration to get started with the podcast I'm listening to every morning when I wake up.  Have a great day.


No comments: