Friday, October 1, 2021

My Favorite Bible Quote


 

Jeremiah and Ezekiel are my two favorite prophets.  Ezekiel is asked to preach to the dried up bones and when he does, new life appears.  Jeremiah is called at age 17 to share God's messages to his people.  Jeremiah resists at first.  Maybe it's his young age holding him back.  It could be he knows how challenging it is to get people to change their ways.  Imagine you're Jeremiah and you're telling others that God has a plan to prosper them, not to harm them, and give them hope and a future.  This bold message isn't just for the people around Jeremiah.  This message is for you and me.  This message is meant to be shared, especially in times of stress or danger.  These plans Jeremiah is referencing were set up long before we were born.

Jeremiah had a less popular message in chapter 11, verse 11 that tells us what happens when we choose to ignore God's plans.  In my opinion, this is where many of us in our country are today.  We fight for power. We ignore God's plans.  We forget God's ways.  Here it is:  Therefore thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.” - Jeremiah 11:11.  

When I read these two verses side by side I see God's ways and man's ways.  I see what happens when we choose God's ways.  The other option causes our bones to dry up from all that evil that seeps into our souls.  If these prophets were here today, I believe they would tell us it's not too late.  Give God's plans a try.  Stick with it even when the world tempts you to go in a different direction.  Have a great day.  May you live long and prosper.

No comments: