Sunday, October 10, 2021

Congratulations to Dr. Kristy Nabhan-Warren, Author of Meatpacking America

 "I published," my friend Kristy told me yesterday while visiting at my day job.  The joy on her face is not often seen from writers who labor for years to reach this writing pinnacle and more often than not fall short of their dream to publish.  "It took ten years to get this done," she said.  I know her story well.  Many give up before the journey is over.  Not Kristy.  She gives it her all, even while working full-time as a professor of religious studies at the University of Iowa and raising a family.  

I can't wait to read Meatpacking America, a story about migrant workers who live and work in Iowa.  Click here for the link to purchase her book.  Way to go, Kristy!  I'm super proud of you.  Thank you for encouraging me to keep going with my writing.  Also, congratulations to the University of Iowa Hawkeyes for a strong performance on the football field yesterday.  Have a great day.

No comments: