Friday, October 15, 2021

Happy Birthday to My Mother

She's 82 today.  Happy birthday, mom.  Thanks for inspiring me to never give up.  If you don't mind, I'm sharing highlights from that "halftime talk" you gave me when I was facing what some might call a midlife crisis.  All I can say is when the chips are down it's a great feeling to have a mother like mine who knows exactly what to say.  Mom has empathy like no other.

Mom didn't sugar coat the depths of my challenges.  Instead, she told me she knew exactly how I felt.  Mom related to me that she experienced similar ordeals at about the same age.  I was fifty and found myself clinging to the end of my rope.  I felt like a complete failure.  Mom disagreed.  She taught me that these challenges I was facing were a great opportunity for me to grow.  She didn't blink when her world appeared to be crumbling and she encouraged me to be bold.  Mom is the example of what my life could become if I stayed in the game.  Perhaps what I admire most about my mother is her faith.  She teaches by example to trust God in all things, especially in times of danger.  Thanks mom, for always being there for me and my five siblings.  Have a great day.

No comments: