Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Here's an Idea to Help You Overcome Obstacles

 If you read yesterday's story, you already know what I plan to do in 2022.  The objections are already swirling around in my head like a soon-to-be formed tornado.  Isn't that usually what happens when you come up with what you think is a great idea?  The naysayers come out of the woodwork to tell you all the reasons why your ideas are crazy.  Then, the self-doubt creeps in.  Your mind invents objections that may or may not come true should you stay on your journey.

Yesterday's blog message was more of my mind's response to the elephant in the room and he's asking me, "Michael, where are you going to get the money to buy Lucy?"  Isn't that the question that usually comes up first anytime you come up with a vision.  I can hear Tom Cruise shouting at me, "Show me the money!"

If money is the show stopper, I already came up with a creative way to handle the objection.  Yep.  I don't adopt Lucy (our future dream home on wheels) until I have the money to adopt her.  That's a fair solution. My guru, Dave Ramsey, would surely agree with this idea.  Why get back in debt after finally achieving financial freedom (that's in the near future)?  Most people would stop there at the objection and then wait, deferring their dream until some future time that may not ever happen.

Here's another objection:  "Hey, Michael.  What about all those supply chain issues?  Won't it be forever until you get your parts for Lucy?"

That's why building Lucy from the inside using freed up monthly disposal income makes so much sense.  If there's a supply issue, I can wait up to a year to get what I need because I'm only building Lucy from the inside while saving money to adopt her.  

What I'm suggesting here is that you dream first, visualize all the objections, and then find a creative way to handle these objections before you begin working in earnest to make your dream come true.  

Here's another objection I'm hearing from people who are deferring building their dream homes due to the shortage of wood?  "Hey Michael, have you heard how much wood costs these days?"  

Wood shortages are more common in my area due to this massive storm we had called a Derecho.  It destroyed homes and caused a big surge in building costs.  Here's my answer:  Aluminum.  Yep.  Extruded aluminum.  80/20 to be specific.  I'm going to building Lucy with mostly aluminum.  I may be a newbie when it comes to building a dream home on wheels but I do believe I've seen enough objections in my lifetime to know the only way to achieve a dream is to conquer each and every objection that comes your way.  Have a great day.

No comments: