Monday, October 18, 2021

Beware of the Spotlight

Beware when the spotlight shines upon you.  The brightest angels in Heaven know something about this.  Something happened when they forgot where the spotlight came from.  It was a big mistake to believe they were the source of the light.  The same can happen to us.  It's so easy to forget where the light comes from.  

Something else happens when that spotlight is lighting you up like a Christmas tree.  Your faults are more visible.  The critic will attack because he or she craves that spotlight.  I use a different approach.  As long as I always remember that my spotlight is a result of the people around me and I share the light with them, everyone wins.  There is no need for jealousy or envy.  Gratitude is the best approach when find yourself caught in the spotlight.

I'm going to do my best this week to shine the spotlight on my family, my friends, and my coworkers.  I'm also going to remember that the source of my light comes from Heaven.  The moon can't shine without the sun.  I can't shine either without the Son of God.  Use your spotlight wisely.  Don't let it get to your head.  Have a great day.

No comments: