Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Another Experiment Tonight

In my opinion, life is a series of experiments.  I've been experimenting with food.  I've been experimenting with exercise routines.  Tonight I'm experimenting with something that may appear as insignificant to the outside world unless you happen to be one of my tennis teammates.  I'm trying a thinner string (17 gauge for those of you who want to know the details).  The idea behind "thin" is to gain more control and spin.  I restrung two racquets at the 17 gauge and will compare them to my old 16 gauge to see if there is a noticeable improvement.  I'm becoming a believer in the "slight edge" idea – life comes down to a series of little things you do to gain a slight edge in overall performance.  On the tennis court, sometimes the difference between success and failure is one or two shots.

Is there an area of your life that could benefit from an experiment?  Imagine what you can accomplish by using the trial and error method to find better ways to manage your daily routine.  I'm a big believer in doubling my failure rate, something that happens when you decide to try new things.  At least for tonight, I'm going with "thin to win."  Have a great day.

No comments: