Thursday, July 4, 2019

Adventureland Today


I have all the adventure I need in my daily life but today is extra special.  The family is going to Adventureland.  This is Iowa's version of Disneyland.  We're celebrating two birthdays today.  Our youngest son had a birthday last week while I was away and I'm a 4th of July Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I'm eagerly awaiting my voice to return.  Our grand opening in Evansville, Indiana was so huge that I  talked nonstop for five straight days, straining my vocal cords.  The plane ride home was an ideal time to rest.  I did get a little surprise at the end of the flight when the flight attendant told us, "we only have one shot at our landing so please buckle up."  There was a giant cell directly over the airport and the pilot thought we would be diverted to another airport in order to refuel and wait it out when the storm clouds finally edged away from our landing strip.  The view from my window seat was spectacular although a bit bumpy.  It was a great preview of today's roller coaster rides.  I would like to thank my wife for my birthday present – "The Happiness Project" and "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior."  She's helping me keep my promise to read ten pages a day.  I'm still shocked I woke up as a 59 year-old this morning but it's only a number.  All I can say is life is an adventure.  Have a great day.

No comments: