Friday, July 5, 2019

Recovery Mode Today


"You look like Charlton Heston when he came down from the mountain," my wife said when she glanced at my picture from the Monster ride captured on our free fall yesterday on the 4th of July at Adventureland.  Maybe it was my wind-blown white hair.  Pehaps it was that glazed look on my face.  All I can say is... well, I can't say anything at the moment.  I'm speechless.  Literally.  My voice departed during my final days in Indiana on assignment at my day job.  I need quiet time to get back to normal.

The casual observer may think that roller coaster ride is my last hurah now that my latest adventure is over.  Those boring things I do on a daily basis don't reveal much is going on.  I beg to differ.  I believe those in-between days where everything looks mundane are the days that make a difference.  Just as Moses brought a set of commandments down from the mountain, I have my own list of things I must follow in order to have a fulfilled life.  Here are the top 10:

  1. Be happy.  Every day and in every circumstance.
  2. Read 10 pages a day.  Motivational stuff.
  3. Sleep 8 hours.
  4. Get up on the first wake-up alarm.
  5. See the good in every human.
  6. Pray.
  7. Exercise 5 minutes a day or more.  Stomach crunches.  Pushups.  Leg raises.  Tennis at least once per week.
  8. Tell my loved ones I love them and show them in their own love language.
  9. Forgive.
  10. Be thankful.
I would like to thank my friends and family from as far away as Kino Bay for remembering my birthday yesterday.  Have a great day.

No comments: