Sunday, January 1, 2017

A Disturbance in the Force

Cousin John and I visiting our Aunt Peggy, 2/16

She was the last person my dad spoke to when he uttered his final words, "I love you, Peggy."  Her departure last evening shortly before midnight on the final day of the year was unexpected by loved ones who witnessed an improvement in her condition.  Perhaps it was last call from the great tavern above that my Aunt Peggy heard faintly between the loud beeps and clangs of the alarm bells in her room at the ICU.  My Aunt Peggy accepted her VIP invitation from Jesus at 9:30 PM, MST,  just in time to celebrate the New Year and her new life in Heaven in glorious style, joining her brothers, Dickie, Jim, my dad, Pat, her sister, Mary, and two husbands, Paul and Bill, from two different time zones of her earthly life who eagerly awaited for her arrival.

There is a disturbance in the force today.  I offer prayers to my dear cousins, Bill, Debbie and Kathleen; and to my Aunt Peggy's five earthly siblings who remain on this side of Heaven to maintain some sort of balance in the force and help comfort family members who are mourning the loss of a special woman loved by many.  Earth will never be the same.  Neither will Heaven.  I love you, Aunt Peggy.  Stay close to the one who changes water into wine and save me a seat at the table.  RIP. 

No comments: