Thursday, January 19, 2017

Can You Pass the Sustainability Test?


Can you go the distance?  That's what sustainability means – the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level.  It's what separates fad diets from permanent lifestyle changes.  Anyone can lose weight in the short term but what about keeping those pounds off forever?  The same is true with relationships.  Anyone can step up to the altar and say yes.  What about that time period after the honeymoon?  How do long-term couples stay together permanently?

I don't have all the answers.  What I do know is my faith is a big factor in my sustainability.  I believe I was created in the image of an all-powerful, all-knowing and all-loving God.  He has no beginning and no end.  As God's creatures, we are designed to live forever.  Sure, there's the growing old part and a death scene we all face, but I believe there is something after that lasts forever.  This belief in eternity makes everything else seem less cloudy.  The uncertainty dissipates.  Sustainability is part of my DNA.  I believe I can go the distance.  How about you?  Can you pass the sustainability test?  Give God a try.  He will get you to the finish line and beyond.  All you have to do is ask.  Have a great day.

No comments: