Sunday, July 3, 2016

How to Win the Battle of the Bulge


The battle of the bulge is won when you recognize what's going on outside your stomach and take action.  There are three specific targets influencing your over-sized belly:  your head, your refrigerator and your friends.  Win this battle and you're on your way to defeating even bigger enemies including cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, strokes and more.  I'm sharing this with you because I'm sick and tired of losing so many friends, associates and loved ones to these diseases which are preventable.  Ready?  Here goes:
  1. Your head.  Is it your ally or your enemy?  Analyze your thoughts.  Check what information you're feeding your brain.  Every negative thought entering your head needs at least ten positive thoughts to neutralize it.  Learn to ignore those hunger signals from your belly.  Most are false alarms, especially the ones that say, "I need another doughnut."
  2. Your refrigerator.  You can't eat junk food if it isn't in the home.  Your refrigerator is your supply line to your belly.  Understand how organized shopping lists and well-stocked supplies of fruits and veggies are vital to your overall strategy.  Make sure your refrigerator doesn't fall behind enemy lines.
  3. Your friends.  Choose wisely.  Make sure they know the changes you're making are because you love them and you want to be around long enough to enjoy their company.  If they truly love you they will support you.
I'm celebrating my 56th birthday tomorrow on the 4th of July.  It's my first birthday in this decade of my life without a bulge in my belly.  It's been ten months since I won the battle with my belly.  Life is good, especially when your body doesn't have to carry around excessive weight.  For me, it was an extra 35 pounds, mostly body fat.  You can do this.  Have a great day.

No comments: