Saturday, July 2, 2016

Can a Lab Rat Change the World?


No, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid.  Nor did I eat any processed foods during my food experiment.  The goal of the experiment was to determine if altering my food program could reduce my stage II hypertension without the need for medication.  It worked.  The 35 pound weight loss was a bonus.  So was the 50% reduction in bad cholesterol.  Don't ask me how this happened.  I'm a lab rat.  I'm also a food dummy.  I have a goal – change the world.  I'm going to do it by sharing what I'm learning.  Here's what I learned so far:
  1. I'm no longer hungry between meals.  Prior to the experiment I was always craving snacks – mostly quesadillas, nachos and ice cream.
  2. I stopped craving potatoes loaded with butter and sour cream.
  3. I enjoy going to the movies without any need to visit the concession stand for the extra large popcorn that comes with a free refill.  A small bag of almonds, walnuts and raisins works fine.
  4. I stopped snoring.
  5. I never had high blood pressure even though my readings were off the charts.  My body was suffering from inflammation and it was food related.  My body immediately recovered when I eliminated processed foods and anything with a label.  Dairy and bread are also off my plate for good.  The only thing I know for sure is that when I eat mostly fruits, veggies, nuts, beans and seeds, my body doesn't suffer from inflammation, high cholesterol or obesity.  My blood pressure is approximately 118/68 and my doctor says I'm healthy.
I don't trust the experts.  They say processed foods are safe.  I have a hunch there may be ingredients in processed foods that somehow cause us to become addicted.  The only way you can find out if you're addicted is to stop eating processed foods or anything with a label for 45 days and discover for yourself how it feels when your food cravings disappear.

Do you want to be a part of my plan to change the world?  Give up processed foods and anything with a label on it for 45 days and see what happens.  If the results are favorable, share your success with two more friends.  If this experiment catches on, eventually obesity, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and other diseases with diminish and the world will be filled with happy, healthy lab rats.  The experts in charge will have to find a new line of work.  Have a great day.

No comments: