Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Are You Walking Enough?


We're killing ourselves.  It shouldn't be this way.  There aren't any saber tooth tigers to worry about and we have everything we need to live long and prosper.  But we're not.  Ask yourself, "am I walking enough?"  The distance from the couch to the TV isn't enough.  Nor is the distance from your kitchen to your automobile.  Think about all the excuses you have for not walking 40 miles a day like our ancestors.  These excuses are your adversaries.  They may as well be wearing tee shirts showing who sponsors them – diabetes, cancer, heart disease, arthritis.

I'm one of the lucky ones.  I was the champion of excuses.  I didn't even see the enemy creeping up on me while I was locked up in solitary confinement writing my first novel. If I hadn't changed my ways, my next release may have been published on my tombstone – The Caveman in the Grave.  One thing I'm certain of in this uncertain world we live in – my life needed some serious editing.  Hold the epitaph, please.  I'm walking.  No more excuses.  Time to mow my yard.  You guessed it - it's not one of those fancy schmancy disease-promoting riding mowers.  I'm walking and I won't stop until I reach the Men's Doubles Championships in the 90-year-old division.  How about you?  Are you walking enough?  Have a great day.

No comments: