Friday, July 22, 2016

Find Your Opportunity in the Muck


Having a bad day?  It happens.  Your best plans fall apart.  An unexpected set of events disrupts your life.  I call it being in the muck.  This is the time in your life when you can set yourself apart from the average person who focuses on the trap rather than the solution.  There's always a solution.  Never give up.  The muck can't win.  What it can do is shape you and make you stronger.

Perhaps my best learning experience from my years in the muck has to do with vision.  It was really easy to see why everyone else was stuck but I never really looked closely at my own weaknesses.  I had to scrape the muck off the mirror and see myself.  The truth is I was actually feeding my own muck just like cancer cells feed off of certain foods you allow into your body.  I had to stop feeding my own muck.  There are other food sources for muck – jealousy, hatred, anger, envy, self doubt.  I needed a new life, a new attitude and a creative solution for killing the muck.  My opportunity was in the mirror.  That person in the mirror is free now.  I see new opportunity every morning when I wake up.  It's closer than you think.  Have a great day.

No comments: