Saturday, October 25, 2014

Why Winter is My Favorite Writing Climate


The number one question I get asked by Iowans when they find out I'm from California is, "Do you miss the weather?"  Vivid pictures of January beach trips flash in my mind.  I'm thankful for all the years I spent on the West Coast and I will always treasure the friends I made.  The truth is I'm where I belong.  The seasons are good for me, especially the Winter.  Why?  The Winter months provide the perfect climate for writing.  There are no distractions.  I have serious work to do.  My writing calendar for November and December is full.  I'm finishing my second book and starting a third.  Both will be officially released in 2015.

My basement has a warm fireplace and comfortable seating.  The windows provide superb views of the sun glistening in the snow-covered trees.  It's a site to behold.  And the trees are my reminder that when they sprout leaves it will be time to publish The Caveman in the Mirror on March 17, 2015.  Break the Chains of Debt Bondage will be released on Independence Day, one hundred and ten days later.  Thank you, Mother Nature, for supplying me with everything I need to maximize my writing time. 

No comments: