Friday, October 10, 2014

Flying by Faith


The apostle, Paul, is one of my favorites.  He wrote thirteen books of the Bible.  He once said, "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I'm in."  I call it flying by Faith.  It's knowing in your heart you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.  Imagine you're taking a test but you're not allowed to use your eyes and ears.  You're Luke Skywalker and you're on a mission, flying blind.  The voice in your head tells you, "use the force."  Do you trust the source of your voice?

Don't look at me for answers.  I'm still dealing with the test questions.  I'm learning how to fly when the gas tank is on empty.  If you promise not to tell anyone I'm going to admit one thing about the first question:  Have you learned to be content in all circumstances?  I opened my eyes and copied Paul's words from Philippians.  Yes, I'm content in all circumstances.  Question #2 two is a bit more challenging:  What is the meaning of life?  Jesus is prodding me to fly today even though no flight plan has been filed.  I'm going to read more of Paul's words for inspiration before takeoff. 

No comments: