Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Conversation with a Dead Dream


Imagine having a conversation with your dead dream in the afterlife.  It goes something like this:

Dead dream:  "Why did you refuse to resuscitate me when I died?"

You:  "The dream killers convinced me to let go of you and move on."

Dead dream:  "Why did you listen to them?"

You:  "I got tired of the way others looked at me when I talked about you.  They said you were nothing more than a fairy tale."

Dead dream:  "Don't you see how a part of you died when you let me die?"

You:  "I should have fought harder for you."

Dead dream:  "Wake up!  You're not dead!  Open your eyes and look around.  It's time for you to take a stand.  Right now!  Tell those dream killers you've been hanging around it's time to pack their bags and move out.  Just because they're selling tee shirts with the words "Do Not Resuscitate" plastered on them doesn't mean you have to go along with the crowd.  Yes, I may be a fairy tale but I'm your fairy tale.  Fight for me.  Resuscitate me.  Feed me.  Believe in me.  Don't ever let me die.  If you do, we'll meet again in the afterlife... and you'll have hell to pay."

No comments: