Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The 40 Day Journey to Easter Sunday


Today marks day one of the 40 day journey to Easter Sunday.  It reminds me of the 40 days Jesus spent in the desert preparing Himself for His ministry on earth.  The Evil One waited until the end to tempt Jesus away from His Father's plan.  Can you imagine spending 40 days away from food, shelter and all the comforts of life?

I plan to use this time period to renew my commitment to read the Bible cover-to-cover.  I know it won't be possible to complete this in 40 days because of my life's obligations, however, I do believe I can lay the foundation and build better habits during this period of time. 

Would you like to join me for 40 days and read the Bible daily?  If so, click here and bookmark the link.  Commit to 40 days.  If you feel this is making a difference in your life, keep going.  One year from today you will achieve something really special.  Have a great day.

No comments: