Saturday, March 22, 2014

Be Kind To Yourself


Perhaps it's easy for you to praise others and make them feel good.  You give them encouragement and help them when they're feeling down.  What do you do when the person staring back at you from the mirror is struggling?  Do you find yourself being overly critical or harsh when something doesn't go right?

I seek out people who lift me up when I'm going through a difficult situation.  Their positive energy and willingness to listen makes a difference in my life.  But the one person who has the most influence on my life is me.  If I'm berating myself for my mistakes rather than using some encouraging self-talk, I'm making matters worse.  Here's my advice to myself and you:

Be kind to yourself.  Treat yourself with the same dignity and respect you give your friends.  Avoid putting yourself down.  Try this for thirty days and I bet you will feel much better about yourself.  Let me know if this helps.

No comments: